24.10.13

Against the Kraken, part 1

College life was awesome.  It was crazy, hectic, and I am very glad it is over, but for my artwork, it was awesome.  I had deadlines and due dates and requirements for my pieces.  Which means, I had a massive weight on my shoulders the whole time, but at least I got my pieces completed at a decent hour.  Now I work as a graphic designer, and I have very few deadlines for my personal illustration work.  I have the free time, just not the motivation.  Instead, I fill my life up with a whole lot of crazy nonsense that has very little to do with the art that I spent so many years studying.

Now, after I have bored you to tears, I am finally going to explain what this post is for.

After trying and failing to get big pieces completed, I decided to enter a contest.  I have until the end of the month to finish this piece, but I figured I would give you some of my process.  The piece is going to be of a female mermaid spellcaster going up against the Kraken.  Here is the sketch of the mermaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment